Emma Bungard began with Ruben Law Firm during the summer of 2020. Her clear passion for helping others makes her an invaluable addition to the firm. Her main focus is family law, although she does still practice basic criminal law. Emma’s many years of experience offers all clients the highest level of legal counseling for any family law and criminal law need. From divorce, adoptions, and even custody, Emma has the experience and work ethic needed to exceed your expectations and deliver results. She enjoys being able to help families find peace and move on with their lives after going through the legal phase.
Emma moved from the UK to the United States in the early 90’s, and married another attorney in 2001. She currently has four children and devotes her free time to family. Emma also enjoys traveling when she can, and looks forward to traveling even more in the future.
• Law School: Regent University School of Law, J.D., 2001
• College: Virginia Commonwealth University, B.A., cum laude, 1997
• Maryland (2002)
• Virginia (2004)
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
• American Bar Association
• Fredericksburg Area Bar Association
• Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• Alpha Phi Sigma National Criminal Justice Honor Society
• Regent University School of Law Moot Court Competition Team
• American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Atlanta, Georgia
• Regent University School of Law Moot Court Board Member, 2000-2001; Interscholastic Coordinator
• Regent University School of Law Moot Court Board Associate, 1999-2000
• Trial Advocacy Competition: First Place; 2L/3L
• Moot Court Competition: Semi-Finalist
• 1L Moot Court Competition, Semi-Finalist.